Pork Loin with White Beans
You will need:
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Grated zest of 2 oranges
- 1 tbsl fennel seed
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 Porl Loin(about 2lb) preferably with a thin layer of fat still attached
- 2 cans cannelli beans( also called great northern or white beans) drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to make it:
1. Preheat the ove to 450F. On Cutting beard combine the garlic, orange zest, fennel seeds and 1 tbsp of the rosemary. Chop the mix until it forms a paste. Scoop it up into a small bowl and add the oil.
2. Season the pork with salt, pepper and rub it all over with the paste. If you like, you can let it marinate up to 4 hours in the fridge before cooking. Then place the pork in a roasting pan and back until a thermometer inserted into the middle reads 165F, 25 to 30 minute. Take the meat out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. In a soucepan, heat the beans, lemon juice and remaining rosemary until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the pork and serve with the beans.
Makes 6 servings
47gr of protein
22gr of carbohydrates
6gr of fiber
9gr of fat
134mg of sodium